Sr. Data Engineer
Sr. Data Engineers will be working on an advanced predictive analytics big data platform on the cloud that crunches large volumes of data, builds and applies models. You will bring math to the magic that allows marketers to run what-if scenarios on real life budget allocation situations and get a recommendation on better allocation.
Your specific mission is to build the most sophisticated data platform that forms the backbone of our predictive analytics engine. Are you are ready to be challenged every day in spite of mastering the craft of product building? Are you are willing to listen to the end user and iteratively entice them? Meet us at the crossroads of Mad Men, Math, and Scientific Computing, and help blaze the analytics trail.
What you'll be doing:
- Understand the requirements of a predictive analytics product
- Design a cloud based multitenant marketing data warehouse that is fully automated
- Develop a data platform that is highly scalable and performant, with necessary safeguards in place and self-healing capability
- Recommend build/ buy options each step of the way
- Collaborate with peers but exercise independent judgment to achieve optimal results
- Partner with senior architects, product managers, engineering teams, quality assurance, and other teams to deliver a world class data platform that fuels our analytics engine
- Work in a fast paced, rewarding environment with bleeding edge technologies and innovative concepts
Skills, Talents, Experience you will need:
- Bachelor Degree with 5 years of software development experience, 3+ years in ETL, data engineering, DW/BI space
- Advanced proficiency in ETL tools like Pentaho Kettle (preferred), Informatica, etc.
- Excellent SQL skills and in-depth understanding of database technologies, Oracle preferred
- Extra point for experience in building a cloud based data platform for a SaaS product company
- Experience with Agile methodology
- Excellent team player, able to work with global cross functional teams
- Ability to clearly articulate ideas and inspire others for action; clear, succinct and persuasive at all levels, including with executives
- Ability to learn quickly in a dynamic environment
- Experience with Java, Python, Hive, Pig, Perl, Linux is nice to have
MarketShare is an analytics company that enables businesses to grow more efficiently via cross-media attribution and marketing optimization through our platform of combined technology, data, modeling and business intelligence solutions. MarketShare Culture -- What’s important to us… and ideally to you
- Comfort with ambiguity: We embrace the complexity of our clients’ environments and believe that there are seldom easy answers.
- Embracing the high-wire act: We’re inventing the space where marketing meets math. This is a new category, and we have to innovate as we go.
- Pragmatically curious: We have never met a problem that we didn’t want to solve. That said, we recognize trade-offs are required due to client priorities.
We are reshaping the way companies think about advertising and marketing their products and services and deliver unprecedented recommendations and checkpoints to help them achieve the best possible ROI via marketing. The mathematics and modeling behind our work are globally recognized and respected as industry-leading.
Our solutions help marketing executives answer complicated questions such as:
- What is the effectiveness of our marketing investments in generating sales, and where should our next dollar be spent?
- How do TV, radio and print media drive online behaviors and resulting sales, and how do we balance our online-offline mix?
- Within online channels, how can we continually optimize our digital marketing across publisher sites, keywords, etc.?
MarketShare team has grown worldwide across Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco, London, Tokyo, and Bangalore.
Outside Recruiters: Please do not contact MarketShare employees with unsolicited resumes.